But, I feel there is something many are not realising, and it is important to know this. Megaupload has started to use a special encryption, meaning they cannot see what you are uploading and allowing others to download. This means that they cannot be held accountable for any illegal activity that goes on on the site. Which means if the FBI focus on Megaupload, the consequences will fall on you. Megaupload has made itself prosecutable, because under their terms and conditions, all liability now goes to the users. Which means if the FBI chooses to go in search of those uploading illegal content, or downloading illegal content, they cannot prosecute the site or owners. There is only one person they can prosecute, and that is the user. And I feel that users, tumblr especially, will not realise that, and continue on using it as they did. So if you use it as you did, you now run a much higher risk of being caught. And I thought you should know that. Be careful.
Especially since back when Limewire was allowed back up, it turned out to just be a government ploy to catch people who download illegally.
“Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men-“
“No!” The social justice blogger bursts into the dress rehearsal. “It’s wrong and cissexist and white privileged. ‘Men’ aren’t the only ones singing, take your fucking fedoras off.”
“Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry…people.”
“No! For the love of Non-Binary Gendered Deity, not all people can sing. That’s ableist, you’re destroying the disabled, you’re erasing them and shaming them and raping them or whatever, just a bunch of like really bad stuff. Trust me.”
“Do you hear the people…uh…the, the uh…people.”
“Still anti-deaf, hearing scum. And what is this thing on people? What about headmates? Otherkin? And let’s just examine the problematic usage of the second person pronoun, the second person pronoun has long been used by first-person scum to shame and appropriate, uh, where did all of xie go?”
But it was too late. The people had left. They had walked behind the ploughshare, they had put away the sword, and all the white cis het abled men had had their reward. They had gone to the movie theater, they had bought their tickets. They sat in silence, watching that terrible thing.
The movie that did not represent fat body types in early 19th century France.
OKAY WAIT NO I HAVE SOME INSISTENT LESTRADE FEELS, PLEASE HOLD FOR LESTRADE FEELS.
Okay, so, the #WHAT IS THIS FUCKERY gif, above, that’s from the scene in Baskerville when they’re all exposed to that fear drug that responds to stimulus and emotional state, right? And, look, that whole episode was kind of a clusterfuck wash for me other than the Rupert Graves bits, but that moment, right there, is when I truly and properly fell in love with Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade. Allow me to tell you why!
- Okay, first things first: when Greg shows up in Dartmoor, Sherlock comments about his tan and the fact that he’s just gotten back from holiday. In the shot where that’s going down, Greg takes off his sunglasses and we see his left hand, where there is a tanline where his wedding ring used to be.
- The LAST time we saw Greg, it was at Christmas, when Sherlock was telling him that his wife was cheating on him. The fact that I wrote Greg going on a (failed) save-my-marriage holiday with his wife in that Molly fic was not me inventing shit—that happened. Canonically. They were just subtle about it.
- It’s acknowledged that he is JUST back from this holiday. It is also acknowledged, through his behavior, that he’s maybe not in a great place—he’s tetchier than we typically see Lestrade (though one of the things I love about him, as a character, in general, is that he does get KIND OF BITCHY sometimes in a completely hilarious/justified way, like it’s clear that sometimes Sherlock goes past pissed-him-off and into hurt-his-feelings and it’s clear that that guy nearly being driven out of his mind REALLY UPSETS HIM and it’s adorable, ILU GREG).
- Also, he is a Detective Inspector in the city of London. Even aside from the craziness with Sherlock, we are talking about a man who has seen some SHIT go down. Who has seen some seriously fucking terrible things. The stuff nightmares are made of. The stuff nightmares wish they were made of, and all right in his own backyard.
- So, just to recap: at the time of the above gif, Greg Lestrade is just off the edge of discovering his marriage is over, in a strange city with none of his friends or family around save Sherlock “Your First Name Is Greg?” Holmes and John “Oh Hey Useful Scotland Yard Pal” Watson. He is upset and alone. He has, unquestionably, seen the worst of life. He is not nearly as aware of what is going on as either Sherlock or John, since, as is typical, they did not give him the full details.
- And when he is exposed to a mind altering fear drug, in that mental place (seriously, god only knows what he’s seeing, can you imagine?) he is visibly—VISIBLY, LOOK AT THE GIF—terrified out of his mind, but he stands his ground and keeps his gun trained on the threat. He protects, y’all.
- And THAT IS BRAVERY. Bravery isn’t the absence of fear, it’s restraining yourself from turning tail and running when you want to more than anything. It’s being fucking scared shitless and doing it anyway.
- In summary: four for you, Greg Lestrade. You go, Greg Lestrade.
When Gyzym writes a love letter to Lestrade, my heart swells. Bless you.
Thank you for this.
this is a helpful site someone pointed me to a while back that essentially tells you what times are best to fall asleep given the time you want to wake up (or vice versa). I think it’s designed so you get woken up at the appropriate point in your sleep cycle rather than getting dragged out of a deep sleep where all your body wants is to crawl back in bed.
I posted this three times tonight and had three people tell me that I helped save their life. Thank you to those people who have decided to struggle through to let us enjoy the gift of one more day of their prescence gracing us all. I hope that you all reblog this, to save another few. Because we all dserve another chance and hope in life. I went to the hospital 6 times before I decided to keep my life but I hope none of you suffer that much. And I hope you all can make that scary, seemingly painful, blind, hoping, wonderful step to live.
I want to help you in any way I can. ANYTHING. I mean it. If I had had someone stay with me and text me or talk to me all night, just one time, it would have changed my life. I know how hard those nights can be.
^I love this girl more than words can express.
foundmywaywheniwaslost: I am always here if anyone ever needs to talk/vent. You have a purpose, Please Stay Alive. <3
Not just for tonight but for the rest of your life. You have so much to look forward to in the future that if you choose to kill yourself, it will be the biggest mistake of your life. You’re going to miss out on people you’ll never be able to meet, kids you’ll never have, a partner to love or partys to go to. There’s just too much that you’ll miss out on. You deserve and have the right to be here as much as the person next to you does. You’re just a drop in the ocean. You were meant to be here and you have a purpose. Don’t ever forget that. And if you feel like you don’t, just believe in yourself because you do. If you ever feel worthless or like shit, know that I love you and those dicks that tell you shit are jealous that you’re who you are because there’s something about you that they wish they could have. Please stay strong and never give up because things DO GET BETTER.
3rd time I reblog this xx
Keep your self awake, I hope your here to stay. This day is not yet over, let me be your four leaf clover.
I really needed this right now. I love whoever made this
Every single day. Stay strong❤
I love you all ❤